Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- LIC reserves its right to correct any part of the said content at any time as and when required at its sole discretion. The content of this website shall not be displayed or printed in any form in part or whole without the prior written approval of LIC.
- The information contents provided on this site can not be copied, modified, uploaded, downloaded, published or republished, transmitted or otherwise distributed for commercial purposes without prior and explicit permission from LIC. Reproduction of any information or material provided on this website, with or without any modification, is prohibited unless, with prior permission of LIC, and shall amount to violation of copyright and would be deemed an illegal act. You are requested to note that Insurance is a subject matter of solicitation and the information, tools and planners contained in the site, www.licindia.in are meant for your general information only and not to be used for deciding on your insurance requirements. You are specifically advised to contact one of our Agents for any of your particular insurance needs.
- The Terms & Conditions governs the use of this website (www.licindia.in) of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). LIC reserve its right to select the user of this website and take decisions as to whether to permit or not to permit any person to use services provided on this website.
- LIC is committed to protecting your privacy and working towards offering you a powerful, safe, online experience. To avail some of the services offered by us, you need to sign up by giving simple details that personally identify you. We need this minimal information to operate the online services and encourage you to update this information as and when there are any changes. When you do this through easily navigable clicks, you help us stay in touch with you always.
- www.licindia.in does not collect personal information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. This can be in several ways including for example, through registration for contests, the registration process for subscription sites or services and in connection with content submissions, community postings (e.g., message boards), suggestions, and voting/polling activities. Personal information on individual users of www.licindia.in will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties unless otherwise stated at the time of collection or with the approval of the user as the case may be.
- LIC treats your personal information or your use of the service as private and confidential and does not check, edit or reveal it to any third parties except where it believes in good faith, such action is necessary to comply with the applicable legal and regulatory processes or to protect and defend the rights of other users or to enforce the terms of service which are binding on all the users of www.licindia.in.
- Except where specifically agreed or necessary for operational or regulatory reasons, LIC will not send you any unsolicited information. If the user does not opt out, LIC may use any e-mail addresses of users to send occasional e-mails pertaining to information on product and services. The user can nevertheless unsubscribe from receipt of such e-mails by following instructions therein or by communicating accordingly to www. licindia.in.
- LIC may collect unnamed statistics, which do not personally identify you. LIC reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners. We will provide only aggregated data from these analyses to third parties.
- LIC may provide specific services to users to post messages, e-mails, information, participate in chat sessions, news groups and other affinity group activities on the site and off the site. During such activities, you may provide your personal information beyond what has been given in your personal profile. www.licindia.in 's Terms & Conditions excludes information transmitted through these activities. While LIC encourages you to actively participate in such activities, it advises you to be careful in sharing your personal information and to respect the privacy of its other users.
- www.licindia.in offer links to other sites for which LIC is not responsible either for their standards of public order and decency or for their personal data protection policy or the use that could be made of such data. When you access another website through a hypertext link, you are accepting that this access is at your own risk. Consequently, LIC cannot accept responsibility for any direct or indirect damages that may result from your access to another site connected by a hypertext link.
- We would also draw your attention to the use of public forums where you may be asked to give your identity or e-mail address. This information then enters the public domain and may be used by a third party using the service. E-mail messages sent to LIC over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The integrity of such messages cannot be guaranteed on the Internet and LIC will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users due to messages sent or received by them to and from LIC.
- While every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this site, such information and materials are provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied. LIC does not warranty the adequacy of the information made available. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus is given in conjunction with such information and materials.
- The information, material, advices, suggestions, illustrations notifications, circulars etc. are collectively stated "the content" in this website. If the said content contains any mistakes, omissions, inaccuracies and typographical errors, etc. LIC assumes no responsibility thereof. LIC makes no warranty or representation regarding any content provided through this website and disclaims its liabilities in respect thereof. Any action on your part on the basis of the said content is at your own risk and responsibility.
Life Insurance Corporation of India has a responsibility to protect from disclosure to unauthorized parties the personally identifiable information (name, address, date of birth, social security number, etc.) of its website users. Therefore, Life Insurance Corporation of India has adopted and implemented a website security policy to protect account information of its website users.
Content Archival Policy
For time sensitive content which expires after a certain date (e.g. tender notifications, announcements for conference registrations, contest entries etc.), a policy on whether the content should be archived for future reference or removed altogether from the website should be decided by the concerned Department after careful consideration of their nature of content. However, ‘expired’ content MUST not be presented or flashed on the website. The Life Insurance Corporation of India MUST have a clearly laid out Content Archival Policy (CAP) clarifying the rules set in this regard.
Material featured on this site may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Where the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorization to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Links to external websites/portals: Material featured on this site may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Where the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorization to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned. Links to LIC India -Website by other websites: We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The pages belonging to this site must load into a newly opened browser window of the User. However, we would like you to inform us about any links provided to this Portal so that you can be informed of any changes or updates therein.
Last modified date : Mon, 23 Oct 2023 11:11:08 +0000